This Trade Mark department has been going from strength to strength over the recent years, making a significant investment in adding to their ranks when many of their competitors were buckling down on recruitment. This has resulted in a very healthy practice brimming with complex case-loads and an interesting client base.
The team works with established and emerging clients across a range of sectors, including food & drink, fashion & retail, health & beauty, and transport & financial services. The majority of the workload is for UK based direct clients, however there is also opportunity to work further afield both directly and via the well-established associate network. The team has worldwide connections, particularly in Canada and East Asia.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing strategic advice on availability, protection, use, exploitation, enforcement and ownership of trade marks
- Dealing with related copyright, common law, business/domain name and design matters
- Filing and prosecuting applications, oppositions, invalidity and revocation proceedings and appeals before the UKIPO and EUIPO
- Working with colleagues across different specialisms to assist in appeals, litigations and related opinions
- Contributing to the continued growth of the business via marketing and practice development activity, including networking, writing articles, and becoming involved in industry initiatives
Ideal candidates will be at Senior Associate level, with around seven years’ experience behind them. The firm is very transparent about their Partnership track so if this is something you’re missing in your current role, you’ll definitely know where you stand here. Experience supervising trainees and a strong commercial acumen is extremely beneficial. There are a number of office locations across the UK where you will be expected to be based around two days a week.