We have an opportunity to join our Chemistry team in the Firm’s Oxford office, to start by autumn 2020. We also welcome applications from candidates who are available immediately.
What are we looking for?
- Academic capability – you must achieve, or have achieved, a 2.1 degree result or above in Chemistry;
- The ability to analyse and interpret complex technical matters, along with the command of written and spoken language to explain them clearly;
- A fundamental sense of commerciality – we are not only looking for technical excellence, but also for the potential to adeptly and perceptively help our clients achieve their goals;
- Strong organisational skills, excellent attention to detail and good interpersonal skills.
What we offer
- A highly competitive salary and benefits package
- A relaxed and friendly working environment
- A varied diet of work. You can find more information on a selection of our clients from our website. Although you will be assigned to one Supervising Partner to provide you with day-to-day guidance, you will also typically work with a number of Partners and Associates so that your caseload covers a broad range of different legal and technical areas
- The opportunity to become a key part of our clients’ strategic planning
- Exceptional quality of training and support to help you qualify as a Chartered and European patent attorney
- A genuine interest in the fulfilment of your career as a patent attorney with us. As a market-leading firm, we will not only help you to enhance your technical ability, but also your commercial judgement and business development skills
We are one of the largest patent and trade mark private practices with office presence across the UK and in Munich. The Firm has a strong “family feel” and can attribute much of its success to the internal support and training provided, along with the organic growth of our client base.
The Firm’s Chemistry team currently comprises:
- 7 Partners;
- 1 Consultant;
- 3 Associates;
- 5 Technical Assistants.
Wish to apply?
If you think you have the right qualifications, technical skills, and ambition we would like to hear from you!
Please visit our website. Our current vacancies for professional staff are listed under the ‘Careers’ section. Your CV and covering letter should be submitted via the online link provided.