We have an opportunity for an intelligent, ambitious graduate or postgraduate to join our thriving Engineering team in Oxford. Applications are also welcomed from fully or part qualified patent attorneys.
A varied and interesting caseload working with established high-profile clients awaits the successful candidate. This is an excellent opportunity to progress your career and build upon your professional reputation with one of the leading Top Tier firms.
What are we looking for?
- Academic capability – you must achieve, or have achieved, a 2.1 degree result or above in any Engineering, Electronics, Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science field
- The ability to analyse and interpret complex technical matters, along with the command of written and spoken language to explain them clearly
- A fundamental sense of commerciality – we are not only looking for technical excellence, but also for the potential to adeptly and perceptively help our clients achieve their goals
- Strong organisational skills, excellent attention to detail and good interpersonal skills
What we offer
- A highly competitive salary and benefits package
- A relaxed and friendly working environment
- A varied diet of work, originating from blue chip engineering companies to exciting electronics start-ups. You can find more information on a selection of our clients on our website.
- Although you will be assigned to one Supervising Partner to provide you with day-to-day guidance, you will also typically work with a number of Partners and Associates so that your caseload covers a broad range of different legal and technical areas
- The opportunity to become a key part of our clients’ strategic planning
- Exceptional quality of training and support to help you qualify as a Chartered and European patent attorney
- A genuine interest in the fulfilment of your career as a patent attorney with us. As a market-leading firm, we will not only help you to enhance your technical ability, but also your commercial judgement and business development skills
We are one of the largest patent and trade mark private practices with office presence across the UK and in Munich and Norway. The Firm has a strong “family feel” and can attribute much of its success to the internal support and training provided, along with the organic growth of our client base.
The Firm’s Engineering, Physical Sciences & Electronics department currently comprises:
- 17 Partners;
- 1 Consultant;
- 16 Associates;
- 47 Technical Assistants.