You will be providing professional services and advice to clients of the firm on all issues relating to the protection and enforcement of trade marks, designs, copyright and unfair competion law.
What you will enjoy
- Advising national and international clients on all issues relating to the protection and enforcement of trademarks, designs and copyright as well as unfair competition law, including seizure matters, filing strategies and IP related contracts
- Representing clients in negotiations
- Handling client relationships
- Building a network of associates overseas to facilitate both incoming and outgoing work
- Training other D Young & Co employees
- Keeping clients and contacts updated on relevant legal developments and liaising with other IP professionals for practice development.
What you will need
- Qualified as a Chartered Trade Mark Attorney; qualified E&W solicitor; or barrister with 2-4 years’ PQE
- Registered as a European Trade Mark Attorney / European qualified lawyer
- Have previous experience in the field of Soft IP, ideally in an international or IP boutique law firm
- A motivated team player and willingness to assume responsibility in a growing team
- Ability to work well independently and also as a member of a multi-cultural, multi-lingual international team
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to actively build relationships internally and externally
- Excellent time management skills and the an understanding of the importance of working efficiently