*Salary currently confidential at request of Client – Please apply or get in contact for more details*
We are delighted to have partnered exclusively and on a retained basis with a multinational pharmaceutical and chemical manufacturer. Our client is internationally renowned for their biotech solutions, some of which they are leaders in globally and they are also well-known for their innovations around medical devices, instruments, and laboratory solutions, which provide hospitals and healthcare professionals with the tools, information, and services they need to deliver expert medical care. This business in European headquartered and founded and have strived to improve the health and well-being of people around the world for over 75 years.
The Patents & Trademarks Department is responsible for managing the portfolio and strategic IP interests of the group and coordinating all IP activities acting as a central office in conjunction with the R&D and Innovation teams, utilising the support of external counsel where necessary.
As the VP of IP you can expect to execute coordination of all IP activities, with the core of your activities being to define IP policy, ownership, inventorship, filing process, countries, etc. and its execution. Plus, to ensure that IP proposals and the corresponding claims arising from R&D areas protect the commercial interests of our client.
This role is based in Dublin and will also requirement management of all EMEA activities, including coordination and leadership of a small offshore team.
• PhD in Biology/Biotechnology.
• You must be a qualified European Patent Attorney.
• Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of experience in Intellectual Property in a Pharma/Biotech company or in a Patent firm.
• Scientific background with strong understanding of the Intellectual Property field in EMEA.
• Excellent organization and time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Strong Microsoft (MS) Office skills.
• Ability to be independent, pro-active, creative, innovative, and maintain high level of productivity on multiple tasks with minimal supervision.Apply now for this role