When an entrepreneur named James Poole founded the firm that is now Carpmaels & Ransford back in 1776, he established a legacy that has shaped the world of intellectual property for over 200 years.
Today, from its offices in London and Munich, Carpmaels & Ransford is a formidable presence in European intellectual property, acting on behalf of some of the world’s most innovative and successful companies. Never complacent, we are continually expanding our knowledge and experience by recruiting the brightest graduates and sharing our knowledge within the firm and throughout the profession.
We have the largest specialist life sciences group on one site in Europe. We protect some of the most commercially valuable pharma products in the world, and many of our biotech cases form the basis of EPO case law. We are also engaged by some of the world’s pre-eminent technology companies.
Our clients are diverse, from large corporates through to start-ups. With long standing client relationships in the US, Asia and across Europe, we are deeply involved in managing some of the world’s leading brands and IP portfolios.
Our collaborative ethos informs everything we do, both in work and outside of it. The wide range of sports, clubs and charity initiatives sponsored by the firm are just one of the ways in which we encourage teamwork and a healthy work/life balance.
We are offering an opportunity for a part-qualified or qualified patent attorney within our Chemistry practice group. The group supports some of the world’s leading chemical and consumer companies and research institutions protecting exciting and cutting edge technologies in the fields of polymer chemistry, catalysts, batteries, metallurgy, nanotechnology, cleantech, electrochemistry, petrochemicals, surfactants and food chemistry. You may also have the opportunity to work with our Pharmaceuticals or Engineering practice groups.
Suitable candidates will ideally have:
- Up to 3 years post-qualification experience
- Management of a broad spectrum of chemical work, particularly industrial process chemistry and speciality chemicals
- Experience of drafting, filing and prosecuting EPO and PCT applications
- Experience of EPO oppositions and appeal work preferable
- Excellent academic background ideally with an emphasis on organic chemistry
- An excellent command of both written and spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- An innate interest in the world of business as well as the IP profession
- A passion and aptitude for problem solving
- Keen eye for detail
Successful candidates will benefit from:
- Diverse chemistry work, including EPO opposition and appeal work
- A supportive and sociable team-based working environment
- Exceptional training for UK and EQE qualifications and beyond
- A wide variety of interesting work for a broad range of clients
- Excellent remuneration and benefits package
- A range of sports, clubs and charity initiatives sponsored by the firm
In accordance with our equal opportunities policy, we will provide equal opportunities to any employee or job applicant, and will not discriminate either directly or indirectly because of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please note that we do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment consultants unless specifically requested.