When an entrepreneur named James Poole founded the firm that is now Carpmaels & Ransford back in 1776, he established a legacy that has shaped the world of intellectual property for over 200 years.
Today, from its offices in London and Munich, Carpmaels & Ransford is a formidable presence in European intellectual property, acting on behalf of some of the world’s most innovative and successful companies. Never complacent, we are continually expanding our knowledge and experience by recruiting the brightest graduates and sharing our knowledge within the firm and throughout the profession.
We have the largest specialist life sciences group on one site in Europe. We protect some of the most commercially valuable pharma products in the world, and many of our biotech cases form the basis of EPO case law. We are also engaged by some of the world’s pre-eminent technology companies.
Our clients are diverse, from large corporates through to start-ups. With long standing client relationships in the US, Asia and across Europe, we are deeply involved in managing some of the world’s leading brands and IP portfolios.
Our collaborative ethos informs everything we do, both in work and outside of it. The wide range of sports, clubs and charity initiatives sponsored by the firm are just one of the ways in which we encourage teamwork and a healthy work/life balance.
We are always interested in receiving applications from qualified and part-qualified patent attorneys who would like to join our Engineering and Technology team.
Suitable candidates will ideally have
- Excellent academic background.
- An excellent command of both written and spoken English.
- Ability to analyse and conceptualise complex matters.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Sense of commerciality: having an innate interest in the world of business as well as the IP profession.
- A passion and aptitude for problem solving.
- Keen eye for detail.
Successful candidates will benefit from
- A supportive and sociable team-based working environment.
- Exceptional training for UK and EQE qualifications and beyond.
- A wide variety of work for a broad range of clients.
- Excellent remuneration and benefits package.
- A range of sports, clubs and charity initiatives sponsored by the firm.
In accordance with our equal opportunities policy, we will provide equal opportunities to any employee or job applicant, and will not discriminate either directly or indirectly because of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please note that we do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment consultants unless specifically requested.