Carpmaels & Ransford are a leading European intellectual property law firm. Through our passionate and award-winning team of life scientists, engineers and regulatory experts, we advise some of the world’s leading healthcare companies.
We were awarded Patent Prosecution Firm of the Year at the 2023 Managing IP EMEA Awards and were also awarded Patent Contentious Firm of the Year and Impact Case of the Year at the 2022 Awards. We are consistently ranked as a top-tier firm by industry directories.
We hire talented and passionate people who think creatively and enjoy a challenge. Working collaboratively, we share our knowledge and experience across teams, actively learning from each other in a friendly and sociable environment.
As a firm, we’re passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Diversity of thought is vital to our business; it’s how we approach challenges differently and offer our clients creative and original solutions. Through our work with organisations such as IP Inclusive, Stonewall and Business in the Community via the Race at Work Charter, we are putting the right steps in place to make sure that all our people feel supported and empowered to be themselves. Further information on our commitment to diversity and inclusion is available on our website.
A healthy work/life balance is very important to us and we run regular wellbeing events in addition to the large number of clubs and social activities that are available to everyone at the firm. We are also enthusiastic supporters of our local community through partnerships with the Social Mobility Foundation and Holborn Community Association.
The firm’s Dispute Resolution team assists clients with complex patent and SPC disputes involving multi-jurisdictional litigation between major science and technology companies. The practice covers a broad range of disciplines:
- Life Sciences (biotechnology and pharmaceuticals)
They also handle a limited amount of “soft IP” work, primarily relating to trade mark and design disputes (often alongside a patent-related matter) and regulatory work.
We would like to hear from candidates (4-7 PQE) who are interested to join at an exciting time of growth for the firm.
Suitable candidates will ideally have:
- Experience in intellectual property and predominantly patent litigation.
- Exposure to the life sciences and/or tech sectors.
- A strong academic background, including a STEM degree and the ability to demonstrate a high level of intellectual rigour.
- Intellectual curiosity, with an interest and passion for technology and its intersection with the law.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to connect and collaborate with colleagues and clients at all levels.
Although not a mandatory requirement, we welcome interest from applicants who are capable of working in another European language.
Successful candidates will benefit from:
- A supportive and sociable team-based working environment.
- A wide variety of interesting work for a broad range of clients.
- An excellent remuneration and benefits package.
- A range of sports, clubs and charity initiatives sponsored by the firm.
We are proud of our inclusive culture where individual differences are celebrated, and we are committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and job applicants. We do not tolerate discrimination either directly or indirectly on the basis of race, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity or expression, religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, pregnancy and maternity, socio economic background or any characteristic protected by law. Our approach is embodied in our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy, as well as our diversity and inclusion programmes.
No speculative agency approaches please.