We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble is seeking an all-round Legal Counsel IP with a strong background in Intellectual Property Law to support the global IP portfolio, brand enforcement, brand expansion and licensing matters as well as a range of fast moving, tech-focused commercial and corporate matters. Reporting to the Head of IP and Brand Protection, the applicant will enjoy an extremely broad role across Bumble’s entire product portfolio and work closely with the brand marketing and design teams as well as other key business stakeholders. This role would suit an experienced IP lawyer looking to branch out in-house in a more business centered role, and work independently within a small and dynamic team.
The role can be based anywhere in the UK or Spain with some expected travel to the office.
- Provide timely, effective, reliable and user-friendly advice on IP/legal issues and risks
- IP clearance and searching supporting marketing and design teams
- IP portfolio management, IP enforcement and prosecution (trade marks, designs, copyright, patents, domain names, social media handles)
- Creating and managing evidence archives
- Assisting in IP litigation as required
- Advise, draft and negotiate a broad range of IP and commercial contracts (including IP assignment agreements, co-existence agreements, marketing agreements, licensing and merchandise agreements, white label agreements, software licence agreements)
- Become a trusted adviser to business leaders
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- 2:1 BA/BS/LLB degree or equivalent
- Qualified lawyer in UK or an EU country
- 1-3 years PQE desirable and good private practice training and experience
- Broad experience of international IP law, experience in trademark, copyright, domain name and patent prosecution and enforcement
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial contracts and experience of advising on licensing, advertising and product liability issues
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate matters and basic experience of corporate secretarial matters
- Strong drafting skills
- Excellent analytical, organisational and leadership skills
- Experience in a commercial setting (in-house /client secondment)
- Ability to speak multiple languages desirable
- You have exceptional communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to adapt communication style to suit a particular situation
- You are resilient and comfortable interacting with senior management, and have the ability to provide advice confidently and effectively
- You are able to work autonomously and have the desire to take ownership of projects
- You are ability to deliver a high standard of work under time constraints
- You have a keen interest in the tech industry
- You are deeply passionate about Bumble’s brand vision and value