Position: Patent & Trade Mark Paralegal
Location: Twyford, Berkshire
Starting salary: £30,000
Start Date: as soon as possible
A rare opportunity to train and acquire expertise across the whole range of intellectual property practice in the private sector. We are a small firm and consciously avoid rigid divisions between disciplines. The successful candidate will therefore gain valuable experience in patent, trade mark and registered design work.
Bromhead Johnson LLP is is a historic IP law practice of more than 175 years of existence with extensive experience in Patents, Trade Marks and Designs in relation to contentious and non-contentious matters. In 2020, Bromhead Johnson LLP has opened a French branch in Toulouse to provide continuity of service to our clients in relation to EU-wide intellectual property rights.
• Working with Partners to implement online IP filings and reporting to clients
• Working with our renewals department to create reports and forecasts
• Maintaining case and client databases
• Streamlining and developing formalities and filing processes
• Assisting with the implementation of new IT systems
• Performing para-professional work – e.g. forms, preparing assignments, powers of attorney etc.
• Dealing with client queries in a professional and timely way
• Supporting Partners as needed and ensuring that legal deadlines are met
Qualifications: The successful candidate will possess an outstanding eye for detail and the ability to work well under pressure along with excellent written communication and IT skills. A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role is required. Patent and Trade Mark Paralegal Certificates are not required