Boult Wade Tennant LLP, an award winning, top tier patent attorney firm, is seeking high-calibre candidate to join the Biotechnology and Life Sciences group in our London office.
Our Biotechnology and Life Sciences group has been growing year on year and we are excited to continue this growth. The nature of the group’s work is highly varied and includes EPO opposition and appeal, freedom to operate assessments, patent drafting and worldwide prosecution for a variety of clients both in the UK and overseas. The group works with clients ranging from universities through to multinational pharmaceutical companies spanning many different areas of biotechnology.
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity from the start to get involved in projects across these different technologies and client bases.
Boult Wade Tennant LLP offers extensive training and support towards the qualifications of Chartered Patent Attorney and European Patent Attorney. Training comprises practical experience gained working alongside partners renowned in the field as well as internal and external seminars, tutorials and courses. Consequently, our trainees have an enviable pass-rate in all finals examinations.
The Biotechnology and Life Sciences group pride themselves on their scientific comprehension and ability to understand a range of technologies across the sector. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate in their application that they possess these qualities.
- A minimum of a 2.1 degree in a life sciences subject
- Excellent communication skills and commercial acumen
- A competitive salary package with benefits will be offered to the successful candidate.
- 23 days annual leave with the option to annually buy or sell (up to 5 days) leave
- Up to 6% (minimum 4.5% to meet auto enrolment requirements) firm contribution to pension
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Life assurance (x3 salary, and option to self fund higher multiples)
- Private medical insurance (personal and option to self fund family members)
- Health cash plan (personal, and option to self fund family members)
- Contractual holiday bonus scheme
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Optional Dental insurance (self – paid)
- Wellness and Mental health support
- Optional Critical Illness Cover
- Hybrid working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll giving for tax-free donations to charity
- Matched funding for individual fundraisers and charity committee
- Social and sporting events
- An inclusion and diversity committee
- A social mobility committee
To apply, please send a covering letter (including the reference IPC22) and CV for the attention of Partners, Joanna Peak and Ed Ronan.
Flexible working: We are currently following a hybrid arrangement of remote and office based working and we see this continuing in the future. The nature of our hands on approach to training means that trainees are expected to more office based than remote based.
Equal opportunities for all: Equality, diversity and inclusion, are priorities for Boult Wade Tennant. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally and we promote diversity amongst our staff. All applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination because of: national origin, ethnicity, race, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender reassignment, family or parental status, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status or disability status.