Boult Wade Tennant LLP, an award winning, top tier patent attorney firm, is seeking high-calibre finals-standard or recently-qualified patent attorneys to join the Biotechnology and Life Sciences group in our London office.
The workload of our Biotechnology and Life Sciences group has been growing year and we are excited to continue this growth. The work is highly varied and includes EPO opposition and appeal, freedom to operate assessments, patent drafting and worldwide prosecution for a variety of clients both in the UK and overseas. The group works with clients ranging from universities through to multinational pharmaceutical companies spanning many different areas of biotechnology.
Current clients include those working in fields such as antibody therapeutics and antibody engineering, vaccines, small molecule therapeutics, diagnostic technologies (specifically biomarkers and personalised medicine), formulations, analyte detection technologies (including bacterial detection), stem cell technologies, medical devices, genetic analysis, genetic engineering and gene silencing.
The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to acquire significant responsibility and to make a real impact in continuing to grow the team.
The Biotechnology and Life Sciences group pride themselves on their scientific comprehension and ability to understand a range of technologies across the sector. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate in their application that they possess these qualities.
For qualified candidates we are committed to helping our attorneys to continually develop their professional expertise and practice, including providing internal seminars and supporting attendance at suitable external events. For finals candidates, full training and support will be provided towards the qualifications of Chartered Patent Attorney and European Patent Attorney. Training comprises practical experience gained working alongside partners and qualified attorneys on client matters and internal and external seminars, tutorials and courses. Consequently, our attorneys have an enviable pass-rate in all finals examinations.
- A minimum of a 2.1 degree in a life sciences subject
- Excellent communication skills and commercial acumen
- A competitive salary package with benefits will be offered to the successful candidate.
- 25 days annual leave with the option to annually buy or sell (up to 5 days) leave
- Up to 6% (minimum 4.5% to meet auto enrolment requirements) firm contribution to pension
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Life assurance (x3 salary, and option to self fund higher multiples)
- Private medical insurance (personal and option to self fund family members)
- Health cash plan (personal, and option to self fund family members)
- Contractual holiday bonus scheme
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Optional Dental insurance (self – paid)
- Wellness and Mental health support
- Optional Critical Illness Cover
- Hybrid working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll giving for tax-free donations to charity
- Matched funding for individual fundraisers and charity committee
- Social and sporting events
- An inclusion and diversity committee
- A social mobility committee
To apply, please send a covering letter (including the reference IPC22) and CV for the attention of Partner, Nina White.
Flexible working: We are currently following a hybrid arrangement of remote and office based working and we see this continuing in the future. Working life does not always have to be ‘nine to five’ and we support flexible working wherever possible.
Equal opportunities for all: Equality, diversity and inclusion, are priorities for Boult Wade Tennant. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally and we promote diversity amongst our staff. All applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination because of: national origin, ethnicity, race, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender reassignment, family or parental status, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status or disability status.