We are known for our expertise in software patents, and have a dedicated team of specialists working on AI-based inventions. We are expanding our software/AI team in Cambridge & Manchester and are looking for a Trainee Patent Attorney who will work towards qualification as a UK and European Patent Attorney. Graduates and Post Graduates are invited to apply.
This is a rare opportunity to work with a diverse range of clients in an ambitious, forward thinking team with scope for career progression at one of the country’s longest standing IP firms. Based in our Cambridge or Manchester office, you will be able to get involved in direct client work for both large multinational corporations and exciting tech companies in the local area.
Candidates should have:
- A strong academic background in a technical subject which provides a basis for understanding software, AI, machine learning and telecom inventions.
- Preferably a degree in computer science or mathematics, but we will consider applicants with degrees in other science/engineering disciplines.
- An eye for detail and precision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to express complex ideas clearly and concisely.
We offer excellent training and support, competitive salary and benefits package and genuine career opportunities, including partnership prospects and the chance to use your scientific knowledge in a business and legal context.