We are looking for an experienced Renewals Administrator to join the team in our Leeds office.
We are incredibly proud of our internal career ladder and will help you continue your professional development by providing webinars on a variety of topics that not only relate to IP but also your soft skills.
- Send our renewal reminders to clients based on client requirements
- Monitoring renewals deadlines
- Payment of renewal fees for all types of IP directly at the IPO’s
- Provide 3rd party providers with instructions to renew
- Issue renewal receipts or certificates to clients
- Forward official letters to clients regarding unpaid renewal fees
- Prepare renewals schedules of IP rights
- Monitor the renewals inbox
- Assist in the maintenance of data in the renewals records database
- Manage and maintain details of renewal of clients IP rights
- Note any discrepancies between renewal documents
- Create and send non-standard letters, reports, and reminders
Skills, Knowledge, and Expertise
- Prior renewals experience
- Ability to always maintain confidentiality
- Meticulous eye for detail whilst managing a number of tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An enthusiastic, highly motivated, and pro-active attitude
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills for working well under pressure and adhering to tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages
- A CITMA qualification is highly advantageous
- Experience using Equinox is highly desirable but not essential
We pride ourselves on being small and friendly enough for you to get to know everyone – but big enough to offer you great career prospects. At Appleyard Lees you wont feel like a number or just another cog in the wheel, we understand everyone is individual and offer a friendly and supportive place to work and learn.
We also offer:
- 34 hour working week
- Agile working
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Voucher on your birthday and Christmas
- Annual salary review
- Life assurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- Social outings – summer party, Christmas party and more
- Charity events
About Appleyard Lees
Appleyard Lees is a leading intellectual property law firm with over fifty patent and trade mark attorneys and litigators across offices in Halifax, Leeds, Manchester, and Cambridge.
We provide a full range of intellectual property (IP) services covering patents, trade marks, designs and copyright in the UK, Europe and worldwide. We use our technical and legal skills, and many years of experience, to identify and protect IP assets and to uncover and eliminate the risks posed by other people’s IP rights.
Who we are, and what we do – but also, how we do it – makes us distinctive.
Our clients include some of the world’s most exciting innovators, largest companies, and household names, with a number of clients obtaining Fortune 500, Fortune Global 2000, FTSE 100, FTSE 250, and Forbes Global 2000 status. Our clients operate across a diverse collection of industries, including chemicals, retail, consumer goods, electronics, software, bio and life sciences, pharmaceuticals, metals, and heavy industry, higher education, and hospitality, leisure, and tourism.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) has always been part of the core values of Appleyard Lees. To us, diversity is not just a box-ticking exercise, it is a core part of our firm’s values . Diversity of people means diversity of ideas and perspectives, and these allow us to be more creative and flexible as a business.
We welcome the unique contribution that a diverse workforce will bring to our firm and actively encourage applications from all talented people – however your talent is packaged, whatever your background or circumstance and regardless of how you identify.