We are looking for enthusiastic Paralegals with experience in patents to work in our Manchester office. In return, you will be supported by our Head of IP Business Services and be given all the assistance you require as you continue your IP journey with us.
- Monitor all incoming correspondence and accurately update our records including docketing deadlines on our internal database
- Perform quality checks in relation to trainee IP Administrators work, especially for new filings
- Monitor team tasks on a daily basis via our internal database
- Ensure best practice is observed within your team by leading workflow meetings both virtually and f-2-f when in the office
- Deal with various formalities including IDS’s, PoAs and assignments
- Support IP Administrator role to be able to help with workload when required during busy periods
- Prepare and check complex reports including client reports
- Proactively ensure the efficiency of the team and liaise with our Head of IP Business Services where applicable to enhance team performance
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- CIPA qualified – highly advantageous
- In depth IP portfolio and procedural experience
- Ability to build and maintain a constructive relationship with individuals at all levels, including delivering training where appropriate and leading the team to ensure all work is dealt with a timely manner
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Meticulous eye for detail, working consistently to high standards
We pride ourselves on being small and friendly enough for you to get to know everyone – but big enough to offer you great career prospects. At Appleyard Lees you wont feel like a number or just another cog in the wheel, we understand everyone is individual and offer a friendly and supportive place to work and learn.
We also offer:
- 34 hour working week
- Agile working
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Voucher on your birthday and Christmas
- Annual salary review
- Life assurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- Social outings – summer party, Christmas party and more
- Charity events
About Appleyard Lees
Appleyard Lees is a leading intellectual property law firm with over fifty patent and trade mark attorneys and litigators across offices in Halifax, Leeds, Manchester, and Cambridge.
We provide a full range of intellectual property (IP) services covering patents, trade marks, designs and copyright in the UK, Europe and worldwide. We use our technical and legal skills, and many years of experience, to identify and protect IP assets and to uncover and eliminate the risks posed by other people’s IP rights.
Our clients include some of the world’s most exciting innovators, largest companies, and household names, with a number of clients obtaining Fortune 500, Fortune Global 2000, FTSE 100, FTSE 250, and Forbes Global 2000 status. Our clients operate across a diverse collection of industries, including chemicals, retail, consumer goods, electronics, software, bio and life sciences, pharmaceuticals, metals, and heavy industry, higher education, and hospitality, leisure, and tourism.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) has always been part of the core values of Appleyard Lees. To us, diversity is not just a box-ticking exercise, it is a core part of our firm’s values . Diversity of people means diversity of ideas and perspectives, and these allow us to be more creative and flexible as a business.