As a result of an increasing portfolio of clients and exciting range of work, intellectual property law firm AA Thornton wishes to grow its talented team of trade mark attorneys. We have an opportunity to train with us for a career as a trade mark attorney, working within a highly regarded expert team. Over time, as experience is gained and professional qualifications are achieved, responsibilities will include:
- Advising on availability, infringement risks, ownership, exploitation and enforcement issues
- Advising on and obtaining trade mark, design and domain name protection
- Trade mark portfolio management
The appointment of a new trainee trade mark attorney is part of our ongoing commitment to training and developing talent. It is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to benefit from working and learning in a friendly and supportive environment and in collaboration with our talented team of attorneys and solicitors across the firm.
Our ideal candidate will have an excellent academic record with a first or upper second honours degree with a keen desire for on-going learning and study. Experience within the trade mark profession is not essential; many of our attorneys join us straight from university, but of course we expect you to show a strong interest in IP!
The key qualities we are seeking from our trainees include:
- Excellent attention to detail as well as strategic skills
- An ability to express themselves clearly and concisely – verbal and written
- The ability to work independently (including remotely) as well as part of a team
- An appetite for working hard and being an integral part of a highly-qualified team
- Well organised and reliable with a commitment to excellent client service
- A commitment to professional and career development
- An interest in supporting the firm’s business development activities
It is our aim to create the very best solutions for our clients’ needs. In order to deliver a focussed client service, it is important that the individuals we employ are pro-active in contributing ideas, creating solutions and seeing them through. Trainees receive a broad range of work, which encompasses a variety of clients from different commercial sectors, providing a challenging and intellectually-stimulating career.
At AA Thornton it is our people who make the difference, and therefore we take a person centred approach to ensure that our trainees are fully supported, and their individual needs are taken into consideration. To facilitate this, trainees are assigned to a qualified trade mark attorney, who supervises all aspects of training and provides wider support, guidance and a point of contact. We also work hard to ensure our internal communication, our wellbeing and inclusion strategies are a business priority and underpin our belief that everyone should be able to bring their whole self to work. We are committed to recruiting the very best talent from a diverse pool, providing training and putting in place appropriate adjustments, to nurture that talent. We offer flexible working and are working towards a truly agile workforce post pandemic. It is an exciting time to join the firm.
Please apply by email with your CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability for the role, by the closing date of 11th March 2022.